Thursday, June 30, 2011

This lady walks into a fertility clinic and the Doctor says...

"Sorry, can't help you..."

I was Googling for a google amount of time a few weeks back, and I stumbled on this Australian lady sending baby dust around the world in an envelope for $1.50 AUS. Cute. I guess if you're into that kind of thing. I don't think she was making money off the idea---hint: her website hasn't been updated since 2008--or maybe she tripped and fell going to the mailbox and envelopes of baby dust flew out and sprinked on herself and she has now moved to the US and has a hit reality show on TLC. But cute idea nonetheless as I'm sure she entertained a bunch of us desperately-seeking-baby-ites.

For me? Heck, I've got enough dust and sticky for a small country--my cleaning lady hasn't come in forever. Or ever.

But, you do what works. I'm not a religious gal--in fact I admit I find myself searching for that spiritual spark at times, but a dear friend sent me a St. Jude card on our second--and successful--round of IVF, and I pulled it out when we started this up again and will not only beg--er, pray to St. Jude again, but will rub him all over my belly (in a tasteful, unsacreligious way of course!) and spend time googling "who is St. Jude?" shortly after this posts.

So, do what works for you.

Back to the story I started with. The doctor says...
"...you're pregnant." Wasn't me by a long shot, but I share in the joy of my BFF's super-human kid (he's in the spiderman phase now--the kid, not my BFF) naturally conceived with one ovary buried in tons of endo. So, yes, anything can happen. Dreams really do come true. One embryo at a time.


to kh: you've been a better friend then i could ever be. xx

2 comments:

  1. I am really fortunate to the writer of this publish to make this attractive and useful post stay here for us. We really appreciate your attempt. Keep up the great.
    Fertility Clinic Success Rates

    ReplyDelete