Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Gonal-go-F-yourself!

Received a return call from the marvelous Village Pharmacy today. I cannot complain about them one bit. Excellent customer service, on-time all the time. Plus, those little Fed-Ex packages just make a girl feel so special--even if they're packed with enough syringes to make a crack house, well, crack.

Today, they were returning my insurance pre-bill phone call 24 hours earlier than promised with the dashing news of my drug coverage and related copays which will total $3165---and fifty cents. Swell.

"Would you like to order that now?", she inquires as cheerfully as awkward can sound.

I just cant stop thinking, "Wow, that's a lot of Marriott reward points!" Ok, that's about half truth. First I thought of the thirty cases of wine I could buy, then the points. Too bad we can't afford the time to go anywhere. But hell I could totally swing some time and company to drink 30 cases!

Gonal-F if the main culprit. Two 900iu pens. Stimulating the follicles and the economy. No guarentees.

This kind of happened to us last time. Since round one was a bust, we had low expectations of number two working and started planning a Christmas in Dubai getaway. Yes, totally ridiculous. But with parents on both coasts if you want time to yourselves, sometimes you've got to run away---as far as you can (plus with the nearly $20,000 we spent just in IVF, we had a lot of hotel points). But, after spending a sweaty weekend with my college BFFs, i returned rejuvinated and i got stuffed with Baby K (actually two babies, but I miscarried one due to a uterine hematoma--DAMN IT!).

So, what to? I know my RE (reproductive endocrinologist) will give me the sympathy card if I ask for it, but now we are thinking of changing REs. Leaving the blustery city of Boston for a local guy that's into batching but seems to be having decent results. Tough one. gonna have to take it one embryo at a time, I guess. And no, I haven't ordered my drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment